Wednesday, February 11, 2009

countdown...

Our due date is 2/19/09, so there are about 8 days left until Caleb joins this world. It's amazing how slowly time seems to go when you're waiting on something. Through this pregnancy, God has been teaching me patience. Anything worthwhile is definitely worth the wait. 

Yesterday during our bible study on Isaiah, we came across the verse "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:31, NIV). The NASB version says "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." 

I realize that oftentimes I don't wait for the Lord, but rather try to do things on my timing...when it's convenient for me. But if I were to wait for God's perfect timing, then I wouldn't grow weary. I must admit these last few days of waiting are making me itch and grow antsy. I can't wait to see our baby's chubby little face and kiss his delicate hands. It's good for him to be ripening some more in my ever-growing belly. God knows best. So until I can see him face-to-face, I will be content with this 3D rendering of his face (taken on 2/9/09). Technology is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. looks a little like david. can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Look I found your blog :) I miss you! And I'm so so so happy for you & David.

    ReplyDelete